Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Tuesday, August 22

Glutton for Punishment

Things have been smooth in the boy department lately, so naturally it was time for me to commit emotional self-sabotage.

My ex is a groomsman in an upcoming wedding. Conveniently the couple created one of those darling “aren’t-you-happy-for-us” web sites to inform their family and friends of all their happy engaged moments. (Excuse me while I vomit.)

I was curious. If things are going well for me – what’s going on in his life? Scrolling through their photo albums, I was on edge. I just knew the next photo was going to be a shot of him with a fabulous new girlfriend. (Why am I putting myself through this anxiety?)

After six happy photo albums, nothing. No sign of a new girlfriend. Oddly, the whole process made me feel completely empty. Considering how heartbroken I was after we broke up, I can hardly believe that this was the guy…

It was quite cathartic, and I’m glad I snooped. I’ve never felt so far from my past and the disaster that was the relationship. I guess that’s what 365 days will bring you….


I've come a long way baby.... Read here chronicles of the whole messy breakup disaster:
Caught Man Fishing
I Miss You Abuse
Marriage Trainer

4 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Adelaide Collective said...

Marriage trainer...that was a good one. You sort of are-- but in a good way. Honestly. :)

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

as much as i love my soon to be husband, i would love to play for a minute longer! i'll just live vicariously through your posts!!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

Yuck, I know that feeling, of just knowing the next pic will be the one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home