Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Monday, August 21

Against Drinking and Shopping

WARNING: What you are about to read is a careless account of spending; under no circumstances should the following be attempted by an untrained professional.

On Sunday Avenue Elle and I met on the Upper West Side at the seemingly innocent hour of 4pm. Having spent the earlier part of the day shopping on the LES and Soho, I figured my desire to blow my paycheck on fall fashion was satiated. After hitting up a 70% off sale at La Di Da, I already owned

- Silver/Black sheer, tie collar shirt
- Black tank (to be worn under the above)
- Gold clutch purse
- Black clutch purse
- Lorac eye shadow

After a pitcher of mango margaritas, we decided window shopping on Columbus Avenue was a wise way to spend the few hours before Entourage. Once Avenue Elle fielded an unexpected call from Frenchie we were a dangerous mix of buzzed and giddy. The window shopping excursion morphed into a bank breaking outing. My three biggest purchases of the day…

- Red Trench Coat
- Plaid pencil skirt with high waist
- Blue Mini Sweater Dress

Oh the pain. Once the rent check clears, I’ll have $500 to my name for the next 10 days. It looks like I’ll be taking the bus to Boston this weekend.

4 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Mummerina said...

I've never drank and shopped - probably because it was be just as bad as this... although I'm getting a friends bday present from Tiffany & Co Sydney store - so perhaps me and my other girlfriend can have a few cocktails by the harbour before we go!!! (Now that would be dangerous!)

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

the mango margaritas sound heavenly!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger jo said...

now you make me wanna drink and shop at the same time haha!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Yeah, not gonna lie those mango margs sound delic. I've done that buzzed shopping thing before as well. It wasn't pretty. At all.

The upside is you did get some great finds, a great time with a friend, and a good post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home