Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Friday, August 11

Keys to the Vault


Elaine: I'll put it in the vault.
Jerry: No good. Too many people know the combination.
Elaine: What combination?
Jerry: *mimes drinking schnapps*




Classic! During last night’s date with the Producer, three bottles of wine deep, the vault was open. My girlfriends have been prodding me to be honest with this guy. Tell him what I think and stop playing games. Filled with liquid courage I started talking and no one was there to stop me. I sputtered on about how I’m seeing fewer guys that I was when we first met, so he should stop making wise cracks about Mr. Wednesday and Mr. Tuesday… Then I mentioned it would be nice to see him more than once a week… I told him my friends think he is “pretty”… It was endless.

Shoot me now!

As for being outed. This is one of those times, it isn’t all about me. (I know – shocker.) Being gossiped about is never fun. Personally, I don’t care so much about being outed – because it’s my blog and I’m the one putting it out there. But I’ve been thinking, who’s to say that the boys I blog about feel the same way? Is it an invasion of someone’s privacy to share stories about them… So yea, I feel really bad about it, and I’ll be much more careful in the future to not disclose personal information. I need to protect my sources.

3 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Oh gentle Jesus, girl. "Liquid courage" has done me in before, too. (Honestly, who hasn't had that happen?) What was his reaction? On one hand...if you're able to multi-date...why the hell not. You're not committed! Eh...getting outed sucks. Huge.

Even if the details begint to wane, I'll still be reading. ;)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Mummerina said...

God - thats nearly as bad as drinking & dailing :o)

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger jo said...

oops... hope it won't be awkward later...

i have tipsy IMs with my london guy friend and thankfully i haven't come close to opening the vault just yet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home