Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Friday, August 4

Don't Get Lost in the Game

There are so many reasons that I adore Avenue Elle. Last night she did not disappoint. As we're partying it up for my friend's 30th, I find myself in a room with three flirtations (two of them notches on my bedpost). Avenue Elle turns to me with the most serious face and starts pointing at me and utters a phrase that pretty much summarizes my life for the month of July...

"Don't get lost in the game"

She is so right. This past month, I've been playing guys 2, 3 at a time... It sure has been fun. Along the way, I've come to realize that young guys (while fun) invest to heavily in the one-night stand.

Case and Point: Last night leaving the bar with Producer we walked past the architect. I didn't think much of it, but he made some snide remarks in the bar and was shooting the Producer nasty looks all night.

Second Point: My roommate hooked up with a Young Republican last weekend. Last night, as she went home with someone else, she recieves the following text: "fuck you...you could have at least been straight up with me before I wasted two hours of sleep."

Come on boys. Don't take it all so personally, this is a game... Your gotta play offense and well as defense. Don't forget defense.

3 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Ha! Good for you for living it up and dating as many men as possible!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Mummerina said...

lol - you make me want to be single :o)

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger jo said...

and there i thought most guys didn't mind playing the game...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home