Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Wednesday, August 16

For Your Information..

I have been tagged by Karina XOXO to reveal my inner secrets, or weird things about myself. Since she’s my alter ego living in Australia, I have no choice but to oblige. Rather than revealing inner secrets (I'm still a little gun shy since being outed), I'll share 10 tid-bits of Downtown wierdness, which I prefer to re-classify as charming, unique and interesting bits:

  1. All heels, all the time. Whether hoofing it through London or catching a 5am flight to Las Vegas, I’m always wearing heels. Always. Most people think this is because I have issue with being 5’3 (which is partially true). In actuality, all my clothing has been tailored to accommodate skyscraper heels. When I go without, the cuffs of my pants would bunch and drag on the ground. Not chic.
  2. My mom was my 3rd grade teacher
  3. I’ve dated identical twins
  4. I should wear one contact lens. The vision in my right eye is terrible. I couldn’t pass the first two lines on the vision chart, but my opthamologist won’t prescribe one contact. She claims my left eye and brain adjust to the difference, which sounds slightly insane to me…
  5. I’ve never ridden a horse. Although if asked straight out, I will say I have
  6. My job contibutes to women’s self-esteem and body issues, yet I keep at it because I love my paycheck
  7. When reading, I skim. Magazines, emails, blogs… Especially books. I’ll skim entire chapters. Example in Gone with the Wind the chapters discussing the historial significance of the Civil War and the battles being fought, never read them
  8. I’ve never watched any of the Star Wars movies and don’t plan to
  9. When driving, I listen to the radio on ‘scan’. How else can you ensure you don’t miss your favorite song playing on another station?
  10. Unsure what order mouthwash, brushing and flossing should go in, I repeat the process

So there it is, all my quirks and eccentricities on display.

5 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger t said...

Finally! Of course, now we all think less of you as these are among the most offensive of character flaws we have ever encountered. And, if you believe that, I'll tell you some more.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Verge Das Neves said...

So did you go out with the twins at the same time? Sounds like it could be fun

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Mummerina said...

Twins?? Ohhh?? I too skim read... (although I promise I read your 10 tens word for word). And I also wear heels most of the time (sometimes I'll wear flip flops...but they are the only flats I own!!)

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Beth said...

This was a fun little list! I like that you wear heels all the time. Very chic. More women need to. Maybe you could combine your career and that personal ritual? I guess maybe that wouldn't be fair those who don't like heels.

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger jo said...

you dated identical twins? was it a mistake initially? did you date 'em both at the same time? did you prefer one over the other? did you compare 'em to each other? you can see how excited i am bout this don't ya? haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home