Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Monday, March 12

MoJo Recovered


After long await, I’m pleased to say that my dating mojo is back. To my friends who were lamenting its absence, claiming I was becoming a bit of a bore, I’m pleased to report, I’m back.

After a couple weeks of self-repair (
ego stroking from low hanging fruit, developing gymrexia and mindless hookups) I finally have back my certain j’ne sais quoi. This weekend, I raised the dating bar to escape the low hanging fruit I’d been busying myself with, and found two completely suitable candidates.

Friday night, my roommate and I checked out
Nurse Bettie’s. While we were there, I made eye contact with a tall man dressed in a dapper suit. After a couple flirting glances, Wall Street promptly came over and introduced himself. When his friends wanted to leave the bar, Wall Street asked to stay. We got along tremendously and after a couple cocktails we stepped outside for a cigarette. He used this moment away from the group to take my number and kiss me. Completely pleasant and quite funny, as his first words after the kiss were, “I don’t usually kiss beautiful girls outside bars.” So cheesy!

Saturday night, my
young wingman invited me to a gallery event in Williamsburg. The promise of doing something other than “the ordinary” intrigued me, so Blondie and I headed over the bridge. There we meet a couple of his friends, including one who was drop dead look-a-like to Dane Cook. In true single girl fashion, I flirted with Dane Cook shamelessly. However, while my mojo is back, my skills are rusty, because when Dane Cook leaned over to kiss me I turned away. Quick to realize my mistake, I laughed off my faux-pas and asked him to try again.

My dating calendar is filling up. dinner with The Houseguest on Wednesday, followed by cocktails with Dane Cook on Thursday. And I’m sure I’ll be hearing from Wall Street, once the necessary 3 days from our meeting pass.

8 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger t said...

yay! you're rounding into form, about to hit your best stride. The smart money is on the third boy after the layoff. He wont know what hit'em.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Single guy blogging said...

Was he as funny as Dane? That guy is hysterical!

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger jo said...

sounds like you're having a real fun time :) i need my mojo back!!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Nachi said...

Congrats on getting your mojo back! =)

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Downtown said...

Single: Those would be awfully big shoes to fill... I am just happy that he looks like Dane. Isn't that the most important part?

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Come on! Don't we get a definition of what "the gallery" was all about!?!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi everyone,

I just designed a new dating website that I hope you will enjoy. It will go live in about 2 months.

Meet-n-speak.com

I put a new twist to online dating--the ability to speak to other members--right from your own computer.

If you find someone you like, you can request to voice chat with them if they are online.


All you need is a mic and headphones.

There is no cost. Ever! 100% free.

check it out!

Again, I am going live in 2 months but I want to have members create their profiles beforehand.

Have fun!

Thanks!

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great blog,this website provides very useful tips.we are going to add it to out free dating

website and college information blog dating website

.http://www.universityloveconnection.com/blog so our visitors can read your news,as you are a

reputable source.Thanks for dating website.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home