Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Tuesday, March 6

My newest desire: Visiting Cards

Seriously, I am rethinking my habit of handing my business card to guys who ask for my number. Especially after this guy, emailed me. When I didn’t immediately respond, he called my office. After I explained to him that I was incredibly busy (3pm on Monday), he called my cell phone to apologize for bothering me at work.

In my mind, a business card is an invitation to call the individual’s cell phone number, not stalk them.

I think it is time to revive the art of visiting cards. Back in the days of “Gone With the Wind” when someone stopped by your house, they would leave a visiting card, with their name and number, as evidence of their visit.

For my business contacts, I have my business card.
For my personal contacts, I have my visiting card, with only my cell phone.

5 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Single guy blogging said...

Yeah, I only hand out business cards to business contacts. Good call on your last paragraph -- you don't need a cell phone stalker. Maybe you should also get a "not interested" card, with a random number on it... ;)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Downtown said...

Single Guy: Funny! My girlfriend suggested last night that I make a bunch of "not interested" cards with my name and my ex's number.

Imagine he gets all these calls from guys looking for "Downtown". That would be funny.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger jo said...

somehow i never took to the idea of handing out business cards to guys who ask for my number. i never felt comfy letting 'em know my full name, where i work and various other information that doesn't come with just a phone number.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Gaby Hess said...

Love the idea! It's very clever.

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Del said...

wow he sounds a little keen to please!!!
i like the idea of visiting cards

 

Post a Comment

<< Home