Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Tuesday, January 16

NYC Guy Profile #6 – The Houseguest

Age: 29
Height: 5'11"
Build: Medium
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Blond
Profession: Architect
Residence: Chicago, IL

Meeting Synopsis: When you live in NYC,
weekend houseguests are a regular occurrence. This past weekend, my roommate hosted a friend who was in NYC to interview for a new position. When he arrived on Saturday I didn’t take much notice, as I was suffering was a massive wine hangover and in the middle of Ikea furniture assembly.

The Details: Sunday evening (of a 3-day weekend), my roommate calls it a night around 10PM, leaving the Houseguest and alone watching a Sunday night movie. Following my evening shower, I reseat myself on the couch to catch the tale end of Forrest Gump. As I do, the Houseguest comments, “You are a real cutie.” Unexpected but nice, I thank him for the compliment. Next thing I know, he leans over and kisses me. I start laughing at the unexpected move. He misinterprets my laughter and apologizes for being so forward, confessing he feels quite foolish for having done it. I explain that I was caught off guard -- after all this in my house on a Sunday evening, we’re both stone cold sober and he came out of left field. By now, he’s a bundle of nerves and has begun explaining that he noticed me the second he arrived, and he was disappointed that I hadn’t met up with them on Saturday night because he was prepared do something about it then, and since he was leaving the next day, he figured there was little to lose…

I couldn’t help but realize the Houseguest fed me more compliments in 5 minutes that I received from
this guy over 5 months, so when he asked if he could kiss me again, I quickly weighed my options: It is Sunday night. It is two hours before bed. There is a lame movie on TV. He’s cute if you like that blond haired, Aiden-type of guy. And there wasn’t much else to do. I decided a make out session on the couch was harmless.

Deal Breaker: None, aside from that whole living in Chicago thing. Monday afternoon as he was leaving the apartment, my roommate was there to see him off. After he settled into his cab to the airport, he sent me a couple texts to say goodbye, in a more personal way that was afforded in front of my roommate.

The Crowning Glory: My hair is wavy, curly. The type of hair that has a tendency to look tousled and sexed-up, especially after a post-shower hook-up. Monday afternoon, I’m having a particularly fantastic hair day and am walking through the East Village spilling all details of the night before to
Blondie. At that VERY moment I tell her, “Out of nowhere, the Houseguest kisses me...” the Producer steps in front of me. Grinning at me he says, “Hey Downtown.” I acknowledge him with a quick half smile, motion to my cell phone pointing out that I was deep in conversation and kept walking. I couldn’t have timed it better…

5 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Silvs said...

Oooh damm.. that was good. I have been daydreaming of bumping into my ex with a handsome tall stranger as arm candy, but this is sooo much better!!

I bet that felt Great!!!

-Silvs

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Blogger Namely said...

The hair gods were smiling down on you. Nothing liek running into an ex while feeling fabulous. Good for You!

Sex & Moxie
http://www.moxieblog.typepad.com

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Maria said...

Hi! Great blog! Some of the best kissing is done that way! :)

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger t said...

Well done, young lady! Sometimes life just comes to you and you get to enjoy such moments for what they are. When the route to choose isn't immediately clear, but then turns out to be delightful, it's even more pleasurable. And what a fabulous added bonues for the non-commital user to over hear you and see you so happy. This has really put a smile on my face. You so completely deserve happy moments like this.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Lost said...

Damn, that was a great post! You got an unexpected kiss from a cute boy, your hair looks hot and sexy after waking up (I never have that luck) and then ran into Producer while yammering about the kiss.

Couldn't have been written better! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home