Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Wednesday, September 13

3 months later...The phone rings

Nearly three months to the day, since I ditched the Date Night Guy (a.k.a Secret Guy) at my birthday party, I receive this phone message:

"Hi Downtown, it's Date Night Guy calling… I know I am a blast from the past. Listen, I was just calling you because I was thinking about how I left things and I wanted to apologize to you. Um, it wasn’t the nicest thing for me to do, just fall off the face of the earth. Um, so I just wanted to clear the air, or whatever. I don’t expect a call back, but if you want to call me back you are more than welcome to. That’s about it. I hope all is well with you. Take care. Bye."


Obviously, his perception of the night was quite different than mine. This is the guy I hung out with for four months and we got to second base (that’s ‘up the shirt’ for you non-baseball players) twice. FOUR MONTHS!!! There is something to be said for taking it slow – but this was absurd. I’d even begun doubting my sex appeal…

He was like relationship training wheels, a stepping stone to getting over my ex. Once I felt the desire to have a physical relationship with someone, I pegged him as
Problem #1 to achieving that goal and shook him off, ending my sex-less existence with a vengance.

It seems I owe him a huge "Thanks." I'll return his call in three months.

5 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

OMG. Too funny.

At least he didn't use the phrase "I miss you"...

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger jo said...

i'm surprised he didn't say that he's been finding the nerve to contact you to apologise 'coz apparently that is pretty popular. or maybe the whole do you still remember me 'coz i still remember you crap. bleah...

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Blogger Namely said...

I hate when guys do this. It's like a dating 12 step program. He's on step 9 - making amends so that you can still keep her/him in on your booty call list. Bleh.


Sex & Moxie
http://www.moxieblog.typepad.com

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Downtown said...

Chris - Second base is hardly a booty call. I'll have better luck booty calling myself with this. At least then it's guaranteed...

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Downtown said...

Karina -- Correction, it was 364 days... Then I had a forgetable evening on the beach, which ignited the "stockpiling" fete (4 guys. 1 month), now I'm settling into a nice routine of regular sex with the Producer... Ah, my abstinence was well rewarded...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home