Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Wednesday, May 10

Part Two: 2 Nights - 2 Boys - 2 Outcomes

Fast forward to Saturday night. Official date night, I am meeting up with secret boy. Together we catch a Tribeca Film Fest flick, have a late night dinner and head back to his place.

History of the situation: I’ve slept over his house once before – coming off a night of drinking and well, you know how guys react to that. The next time he slept at my house – and I managed to pass out shortly after making out. This being our third night together, I have expectations of a thrown-down, or at least a serious make-out session.

Few beers had been consumed. It was a late but not too late hour. Couldn’t have set it up better if I had planned it. Then nothing. Absolutely nothing. Didn’t even get off first base. Um…

I’ve weighed in with almost everyone on this and feedback has been all over the place. Highlights include:

You are his beard.
He is seeing someone else
He respects you
He is a virgin
He doesn’t find you attractive
He is a-sexual

Now if I hadn’t come off of Friday’s night make out, I would assume the problem was me. But I can't really figure out why this guy who acts like he likes me so much, just isn't interested in me once we hit the sheets.

After obsessing and picking the situation apart with my girlfriend over brunch, she advised me to cut it off quick, thinking it is a premonition to him cutting it off with me. No sooner are the words out of her lips, than my phone starts ringing and it is him. He just wanted to let me know that he had a great time the evening before and wanted to see if I was free later in the week...

What the? This is turning into a great mystery which I sort of want to unravel. I’m sticking with it at least until I figure out where he is coming from…

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger pookalu said...

a couple of more ideas:

maybe he has some S&M tendency that he's scared to unleash...

or maybe he's a recovering sexaholic?

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Downtown said...

Oh, I forget the STD one. Yes, that came up also. My mom was right, not putting out too early definitely builds suspense and is definitely keeping me interested (for now).

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Just as long as he doesn't become boring again...:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home