Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Tuesday, August 1

Game. Set. Match.

I'm pretty adept at playing the NYC singles game. I can line up a week's worth of dates, juggling their calls and emails, leading each guy to believe he is the only one. These guys are usually easily manipulated and I'm always the one with the upper hand, ensuring that I'm not overly invested. (Past case histories: the Cute Architect, the Secret Boy, Irish)

Well, I've just met my match. This new guy, Producer, is bad news. Bad news because he knows the game. Adding to the mess of playing against a formidable opponent is that I'm much too attracted to him to think clearly about my game plan. Damn, him!

After having met over the 4th of July weekend, we've been seeing each other regularly. He convinently lives in my neighborhood, so the morning walk of shame isn't that shameful. On days that we don't see each other he emails, texts or calls...

Last week, after our date night changed from Tuesday to Thursday, he began teasing me saying things like, "I've been upgraded to Thursday-night-guy, but I'm still not Sunday-night-guy."

Again we have plans for Thursday of this week. I can't believe it is only Tuesday. I already have a new dress. I've scheduled the bikini wax and have begun a crash diet of iced coffee, Pria bars and cigarettes...

Honestly, the real kicker is that he has boyfriend-potential. All those other guys were just "play things" to keep my social calendar filled. I can't believe I just wrote those words... Now, I've officially set myself up for a future post to be titled Producer 1 : Downtown 0.

Just to add a little spice to Thursday's encounter. It is the 30th birthday of the gal who introduced us. Unfortunately for me, there are going to be 2 other "play things" in attendance. Let the drama begin! I promise full-disclosure in Friday's post.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

"the real kicker is that he has boyfriend-potential"

...Thank you for finally admitting it ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home