Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Tuesday, July 25

Obsession D'Jour

I have an inclination to become obsessed with something, only to one day walk away as if it had never happened. Be it a favorite pair of jeans, Bikram Yoga, Tiny’s Tasty Happy Salad’s , or the cute architect. For days/weeks/months at a time, that one obsession is my favorite thing. Then one day as suddenly as it came on, it is gone…

My newest fascination is the Hummus Place on St. Mark’s Place (btw 1st and A). For months my roommate had been ordering from them and singing their praises. It wasn’t until I found myself with a lowly $5 for dinner that I decided to give the spot a try.

No one would suspect hummus to be so magnificent, but adding a hard boiled egg atop and I have enough protein to last me into next month. Avenue Elle is equally obsessed. We meet here at least once on each weekend. Last Saturday, we each dined on Hummus Foul, shared a bottle of red, some crazy gelatin-pink dessert and Turkish coffee. All for the heading price of $40. If we hadn’t ordered the wine, it would have been $20, leaving us plenty of money to spend at The Magician.

6 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Soooo good!!! And that coffee!

I only wish they delivered to my neighborhood...

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Mummerina said...

I luv your blog!!! I am slightly obessed with NYC and am looking to move there next year - blog's like your's make me want to even more!!
Cheers

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

Wow...now I want to try Hummus

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Downtown said...

Karina -- Do it! Living in NYC is the absolute best. Once you acclimate to the tempo of the city, everything falls into place. It can appear slightly overwhelming at first, just try to not stand still for too long, and you'll fit right in...

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger ridiculous said...

oooo, i read about this place in ny magazne. now i will definitely have to try it.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Oh the obsessions... In my list of 100 things, that was on there. I get a new hobby about once a month and do it everyday then *poof* NEXT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home