Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Wednesday, July 26

Life on an Expense Account

My favorite job perk is my expense account.

Anything I do work related - out comes the AmEx, I sign away, knowing full well in 2 weeks, the money will be reimbursed to me. Supplies, Hotel Rooms, Airfare, Dinners, Drinks... I rack it up each month like my AmEx is on fire. Meanwhile, each transaction bring me a bit closer to that flat screen, wall panel television I've been lusting after.

I could never work in a public service sector. How in the world do those folks get by without an expense account. (Do they really pay for everything themselves?)

The catch, when you get your expense check for $7,145 and your bill is over $9,000. Um, now I am paying for my sins and up to my neck in past expense reports. Trying to figure out what's been reimbursed, what I forgot to expense...

Where in the world is this magical $2,000 going to come from?

7 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

er...you've been on there for a couple months.

thanks for noticing

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger nolatravelgirl said...

My roommate does government contract work. Thank god I work in consulting for all the greedy investment banks! ;-)

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Mummerina said...

Oh-my-gosh - you live and party in NYC and you have an expense account... sooo jealous. hehe

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

Very jealous. I am also a govt contractor. No expense account for me.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

I don't have an expense account, but I also don't work where I need one. I'd never shell out my own $, though.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Wow, must be nice to have an expense account. I think you're probably in the one half of one percent on that one.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger charming, but single said...

We don't have expense accounts per se, but we do get reimbursed for work related expenses, like hotel rooms, travel, conference fees, etc. And we get daily meal stipends -- hardly as fun as having someone pay for your martinis, but it is something, right?

Sigh. I just re-read that. Lame. I want to work in the private sector.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home