Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Thursday, July 6

Two week MIA -- It had better be good.

My eligibility for the born-again virgin club was revoked this weekend.

The scene: Avalon, NJ at a daytime, keg/pool party. I’m in a hot tub with the ladies chatting about everything and everyone. In walk two cute boys, when conversation in the tub stops. (Did someone turn the hot tub heater on?) Thankfully, I was one of the few single gals, so as the married-folk start talking about how their men have packed on pounds since their wedding date. I jump out of the hot tub ready to introduce myself.

I read adjust my bikini, give my hair a good shake, then wrap a towel round my waist as I “walk-by” to the keg. Yup, caught their eye. After filling my beer and laughing at the keg longer and louder that probably necessary (see how fun I am?) After a couple sips of “confidence-juice” I sit down next to them and start making small talk. Completely casual….

Talking, talking, talking, I learn all about him. Blah, Blah, Blah… I am 32 ... Blah, Blah, Blah… I live in Philly. Blah, Blah, Blah… I run a bike shop… Blah, Blah, Blah.. Single... Blah, Blah, Blah…


The afternoon drunk fest breaks up around 11 PM as we all head into town for more drinking. Dancing gets a little crazy, a little crude... In my inebriated state, I sneak off with Bike Shop Boy and make out in a dark corner. We leave the bar early to beat all the other houseguests back. (In a house crammed with 25+ people, privacy is a luxury not often afforded.)

Things are going well, tame but well, as everyone arrives home. I mention that the beach is a couple blocks away. We headed to the beach and .... talked. No joke for like ever!

Honestly, I had given up on the whole thing and we started headed back to the house when we paused of a mini-makeout, which... well turned into a "Let's return to the beach". It was all quite unspecatcular. It happened right near the lifeguard chair. The whole time I'm thinking -- this is so 90210.

Now I get to and now I get to take off my "Pity-me-I-haven't-slept-with-anyone-in-a-year" party hat and get back into the game.

5 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger ridiculous said...

WOO HOO!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!!! is it wrong that i was thinking 90210 too? te hee!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger pookalu said...

downtown, it's so cheesy, it's .... chic...

hehehe.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

Congrats on ending the hiatus!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

YAY! And nothing wrong with a little 90210! (Did he look like Dylan at all?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home