Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Friday, June 9

Doing my part -- An Inconvenient Truth

'm proud to say, I have made the world a better place.

My 5th grade my science project discussed the declining habitat of Florida's manatees. Each student who stopped by my project and learned about the environmental and man-made threats affecting the manatee, received a -- get this -- "Save the Manatee" button. For a short while, these were the "it" accessory of my catholic school.

It was only a matter of time before the environmentalists jumped on board and everyone was sporting a "Save the Manatees" pin or bumper sticker. Well, twenty one years later those buttons made a difference. Today the manatee was pulled off the endangered species list.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060609/ap_on_sc/threatened_manatees

Former Vice-President Al Gore would be proud. Just five short days after watching his movie, I'm already making a difference. Now to start recycling.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger James said...

LOL! Good for you. And the manatee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home