Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Tuesday, March 13

Want to place a wager?

I've never been much of a betting gal. When I visit Vegas, I spend my daylight hours by the pool and my evening hours at the club or sampling their fine cuisine. I've never sat down at a blackjack table or placed a roulette bet. I'm not a lucky person, so I prefer to spend my time and money in Sin City, being... well sinful.

This morning, I read with great interest a post by Tote Board Brad, in which he sets up the odds for which man in my life with be "the next". I've got to say, the man's done his homework. He knows the players and he's pretty much got me pegged.

I personally can't wait to see how this all unfolds... And I promise honest (anonymous) disclosure of whomever it happens to be.

12 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Single guy blogging said...

Wow - pretty impressive research! "someone" is fascinated with you and your dating life. :)

Can't wait to see what happens either!!!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger t said...

I can't believe how popular you are, Downtown! Folks that haven't commented on my blog in months have piped up and I've gotten loads of email, too. Horseplayers are such a different demographic that your blog is completely novel to many of them. Now that they know where all the juicy stuff is, they might not be interested in my railing on racing media or touting my bottom level claimer. You're story is certainly facinating. Keep it up!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger jo said...

this is really interesting... i'm curious how this plays out...

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Nachi said...

I am excited to see how it all unfolds!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Brad left off a player. At 99-1 (for you non horse racing people, that means that the odds are so high that it won't post on the board) I've got $20 on Brad being "the next."

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger t said...

apparently there’s plenty of dumb money in the pool. I'd rather not be bobbited, so pop the handle, cowboy, because I’ll book that seven ways to Sunday.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger t said...

now, da' goat, there's a fella with promise. If someone else is willing to cover goat's handle, I'd like to get down! He's one eligable bachelor!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Downtown said...

Alright people, I appreciate the bets, the interest and the offers. Not to throw off the betting pool, just remember this is the gal who once went nearly 365 without, so it could be a long time coming...

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger t said...

Your fans look forwarded to an extended stretch drive and are willing to withstand a lengthy stewards inquiry.

And here's one unsolicited piece of advice. Steer clear of horseplayers. They're all degenerates.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Downtown said...

Alright Tote: It seems you owe all the winnings to those who voted for the Houseguest... :)

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger paintandink said...

The whole thing is odd, fascinating and hilarious. Almost creepy, but for some reason, not. A strange sort of flattery, I say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home