Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Friday, March 16

Girls with Boyfriends

Following an office party last night, I took my inebriated coworkers to meet up with my drinking buddy and others. When we arrived the guys heralded my appearance and ability to wrangle girls to their otherwise male-only fest.

After Dane Cook and I have a disappointingly lame conversation, I quickly come to the realization that bringing inebriated girls into a room of guys is not a wise decision. In a matter of moments, my coworker, who incidentally has a boyfriend, is hitting on Dane Cook.

I’m thinking there should be some sort of rule here. Something like…. GO HOME TO YOUR GOD DAMN BOYFRIEND! As if the NY dating scene isn’t complicated enough, we have to deal with individuals in relationships acting like singles. That's pure selfishness!

11 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Nachi said...

Oh wow! I would be pissed too! Did she know that you and Dane Cook possibly had something going on? If so, she definitely should not have been all in his face. Even so though, she has a boyfriend! She shouldn't be doing it anyway!

You should have accidently spilled a drink on her and then she would have had to go home. =)

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Downtown said...

Tasha: Correction -- Dane and I shared one moment, a single solitary moment. Not much going on there, certainly not enough worth telling my coworkers about...

But I am still going to pout and stomp my feet saying "it is just not fair."

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger t said...

Bummer that you got cock blocked with dane. how did things go with the houseguest?

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Downtown said...

Tote: Keep the boards open, cause there's been no action for this girl this week.

I actually cancelled on the houseguest... Cause I figured I be battering off his advances all night. The thought exhausted me...

And I am quite fickle

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger jo said...

and you think bringing girlfriends with boyfriends (at home)is safer than a single girl... oh well i hate that some coupled guys behave like singles too...

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's lame when girls with boyfriends(who are inconspicuously at home while they are out)hit on other guys - especially this one since she didn't know if you/he were interested in each other...

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger t said...

cancelled on the houseguest!?! that would certainly move the line. he'd be at like 25-1, then, maybe longer.

well, did wall street ever call? maybe he's a scratch, too. but, it was a long weekend. i know you've got dish, girl, and you ain't sharing. what gives?

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Downtown said...

Brad: Wall Street wants to have dinner this week, but I'm headed to the Bahamas, so we're thinking about next week... And I promise full disclosure once I have a chance to update my post.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Gaby Hess said...

I love your rule. I'm going to post it on a banner and take it out with me whenever I go out with drunk girls with boyfriends at home.

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Dick Masterson said...

Men already have such a rule.

It's called integrity.

-Dick

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Adelaide Collective said...

Girls will always be girls. And boys, well, boys. It's up to us to fend for...well "us."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home