Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Tuesday, April 10

My morning routine

I'm very particular about which subway car I board when headed to work. I always get on the second car, first door of the train. When I transfer, I walk upstairs and around the staircase board the middle door of the car that stops in front of me. This way I'm dropped off right in front of my exit.

I'm a creature of habit. Which isn't a bad thing, until someone infiltrates your routine.

When I was dating the Producer, I learned that he was a "last door on the first car of the same train" type of guy. So after we broke up, I knew to avoid the first car at all costs -- lest I have a morning encounter.

Over the last couple weeks, he's been popping up in my car. At first I was unnerved and annoyed. However, it happens so often now (once or twice a week) I hardly think anything of it. He has also taken to e-mailing me. Usually inane, stupid comments about what we discussed on the train -- and he ALWAYS initiates it first.

After our encounter this morning, he took it a step further.....

"What time do you want to meet at the subway tomorrow morning? Good luck at work. Don't work too hard. If things free up, <my movie> plays tomorrow at the <NY theater>. If not, let's grab a drink/coffee sometime..."

Why is this guy trying to weasel his way back into my life? Go away! An unavoidable subway encounter is excusable, because there are only so many subway stops on the LES and I am not walking to another stop just to avoid him. But to INTENTIONALLY hang out, that is too much. I am going to have to break it to him that I don't hang out with ex's.

Really, he should know better.

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How uncomfortable! I know that some guys just can't catch a clue...

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

He's taking this email bomb thing to a whole new level. What a shmuck...at least he isn't making short conversation about bears and pine trees ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home