Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Monday, December 18

Drunk Depositing

Thursday before the holiday party, my office distributed our annual bonuses. In the world of PR where a bonus is not guaranteed, any type of holiday bonus is something to be thankful for.

I was quite happy with my bonus and put the check in my purse before heading to the office holiday party. I woke up Friday morning, in a post-holiday party world of hurt, which got even worse after I opened my purse to find the bonus check missing.

Now if I had been in the right frame I mind, I would have retraced my steps. But my steps were fuzzy. I wasn't quite sure how I ended up at Bar13 on gay night... Since I hadly had the energy to breathe, let alone deal with the crushing consequences of having lost my bonus, I put it out of sight for the moment.


Mid-afternoon once my head stopped throbing and I began to feel a bit more grounded, I began to wonder about my holiday bonus... How in the world could have I misplaced it? How long before I have to sheepishly bring up the topic to my payroll department? How easily can someone cash a check if someone else's name is on it?


In my haze, I made one logical decision - I logged on to view my online bank statement. Hells bells, there it was! At 11PM, I had deposited the check at the Bank of America near Madison Sqaure Park. Aside from the fact that I don't recall being anywhere near Madison Sqaure Park, I accept it...

How did I reward myself for my incredibly responsible behavior? I bought two new pair of peep-toe, platform heels and put the rest to my VISA bill.


2 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Mummerina said...

haha wowo - banks are open that late???
Love the heels!!!
Merry Christmas

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Jen said...

That is awesome. Loved the story. I wish I would be that responsible when I was drunk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home