Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Thursday, October 26

The World Has Edges!

Did you know trees have leaves...computer screens have crisp, clear font... it's possible to recognize people from across the room?

My biggest surprise since donning glasses three day ago is that the world has edges. Sounds so weird, but it is true... I've been living in fuzzy land.

I knew my vision was awful (-2), but I had no idea the effect blurry vision had on me. In particular my professional life. In the office, around 7pm, my eyes would ache and it was impossible to read anything. Considering that I work in PR and my job is 90% reading/writing -- this is not a good thing. Also, since I procrastinate all day long, 7-8pm is when most of my uber-important emails are sent.

Three days in to having four eyes, and I'm loving it -- No more eye strain. It freaks me out to wonder how many of the ever so slightly visible crow's feet around my eyes were caused by my squinting at a computer screen. It's time for a little Botox, it is preventative you know...

P.S. Aren't my frames adorable?

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger uix4 said...

Hilarious; exactly the same thing happened to me; I was stunned that you could read bus numbers and street signs from a distance. Mo-one tells you that fuziness is not normal!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Just a matter of time before you cave and get contacts...think of the nightlife ramifications alone!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

Love the frames! Tres Chic!

Its nice to know that I'm not the only one that works from 7-8pm :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home