Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Thursday, October 19

Steak and Blow Jobs

Sunday is The Producer's 31st birthday. I’m at a serious loss for how to handle this. The facts: We’ve been hanging out for three months and refer to our situation as “dating.” Not exclusive, just dating. Lately, we've been spending about 2-3 night a week together. We email throughout the day. Talk/text each evening. Recently, I attended a wedding as his guest and we embarked upon our first road trip.

How in the world should I acknowledge his birthday?

My guy friends joke that the only gift a man ever wants is a steak and a blow job. Okay, that’s pretty much a given – it being his birthday and all.

It is too soon to be making these decisions... I'm thinking dinner. perhaps a place a tad nicer than the usual Italian fare that we frequent. Or perhaps, I should take him to what's quickly becoming "our restaurant".

Three months and a gal shouldn’t be making decisions like this...

____________________________________

UPDATE:

Genius! I just purchased two tickets to this haunted house as a birthday gift. Next week on date night, I'll treat him to dinner around 8pm, where we will have our fill of wine. Then post dinner, with a good buzz on, we can stop by the haunted house on our way home. Totally fun. Completely casual. Added bonus: Haunted houses give you lots of excuses for "I'm so frightened" touching.

(I sure hope this goes over better than the pedicure I forced him into on our last date.)

3 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

EEEWWW - tough call. I think that dinner is good. Somthing cute like making him cookies is also good or concert tickets?

Anything low key works :)

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Blogger Namely said...

Come to our Blow Job workshop on the 24th for free as my guest. Just in case you want to make that birthday blow job extra special.

Sex & Moxie
http://www.moxieblog.typepad.com

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger jo said...

food is always good. as long as it's nothing too over the top i suppose. you don't really wanna scare him after 3 months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home