Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Monday, October 2

30 Days to Halloween

It is never too early to start planning what I’ll be wearing to my second favorite holiday. (My favorite holiday is the 4th of July – beers, bbq and bathing suits. What’s not to love?) Since I’m already invited to a fantastic party, I started stressing this weekend about what to wear. It must be unique… memorable… But not slutty.

On Saturday, inspiration hit while I was shopping at Sephora with
Elle.... feather faux-eyelashes. Combined with my Project Runway obsession, I began brainstorming costumes which can be built around this accessory. It is as simple (and chic) as creating a bird costume.…

This concept posed one final issue – wings. Aside from slut-o-ween, wings are the #2 Halloween no-no. In college my girlfriend’s costume involved wings, as I recall she spent the entire party in the corner, as her wings made maneuvering around the packed room impossible. I refuse to be that girl.

In need of a solution, my fashion forward roommate quickly suggested a dolman shirt/dress. (Dolman = Ridiculously big sleeved shirts) Once I’m armed with a glue gun and a batch of feathers, I have a serious arts and crafts project ahead of me. My finishing touches will be citrus shade tights with black shoes.

2 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

wow - you're WAY more creative than me! i expect pictures when its done!!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Blogger Namely said...

A lot of women use Halloween to dress slutty. It's become Cliche. Glad you're opting for something else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home