Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Friday, October 20

Call the Exterminator

There is a serious mosquito problem in the East Village and Lower East Side. I have no idea where these bugs have come from - but they are everywhere. I seen them in the bedroom, bathroom, at the gym, in the ATM, at the corner hot dog joint.

Honestly, it is cold outside. Shouldn't these little buggers be dead.

After spending a night at the Producer's house, we nuzzled under the blankets with only our heads exposed. In the morning, I awoke to no fewer than 20 mosquito bites - one on my forehead, my palm, most on my back, arms and legs. At this point, I doubt if even bathing in calamine lotion would relieve my discomfort.

I have screens in my window. Short of sleeping with a citranella candle burning or bathing in DEET, I have no idea how to stop this endless biting. Perhaps if I dial 3-1-1 and report the mosquito problem, they will come spray the neighborhood. Anything. This needs to end. I'm itchy and tired.

6 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger San said...

i hate it when i kill the mosquitos in the morning after they've had their feast, and they're filled with MY BLOOD!!!!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Are you sure it wasn't bedbugs? Those are on the rise.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Downtown said...

Callalily: Definitely mosquitos. You can see them flying around and when you turn off the lights, they buzz in your ears. If you try to kill them, it is near impossible. They are a genetic-advance on the normal, slow moving summertime mosquito.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger DCVita said...

I hate bugs! And even worse, I hate waking up looking like Polka Dot, the Human model.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Marissa said...

ew, really?! they must have come from my homestate (MN) -- we joke and say our state bird is the mosquito because they swarm the state every summertime!
and as for cutie patootie george, I JUST heard right before you left that comment. i know! sniffle is right. and here i thought maybe i had a chance!! :)

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Mummerina said...

ewww I thought mozzie's were only in Australia...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home