Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Wednesday, August 2

Starbucks Loves Us

Call me a hypocrite, but after my Independent Coffee Shop guy disappeared unexpectedly. (Rumor around the coffee shop was that he was fired.) Disillusioned, I started frequenting Starbucks. With the NYC heat wave (106 degrees today) I'm officially an iced coffee junky hooked on Starbuck's smack.

I'm quite particular about my iced coffee. Large iced coffee, with a splash of skim, a one packet of Splenda floating atop (not stirred in). I refuse to use that foolish Starbucks language to order my coffee...

My reward for making the switch from my independent Coffee Shop, is learning that tomorrow (August 3) Starbucks is giving away free iced coffee from 1-3pm.

You know where to find me tomorrow at that time.

4 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Mummerina said...

Oh I totally understand you - my barista is a cutie and occasionally gives me free drinks etc - but when I heard he is moving overseas soon - I starting to test out new coffee shops!!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

All Starbucks!?

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Beth said...

That actually sounds like a delicious combination. God bless Splenda!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Um yeah...I just went and got my perfectly mixed iced coffee, only to drop it on the floor of my office...so sad...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home