Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Friday, June 2

My New Job is Turning Me Into A Binge Drinker

So this new job is really sucking the fun right out of me. Forget post-work drinks, I've yet to meet up with my friends before the 10pm hour since starting.

Tonight is it Friday night, 10pm and my client is calling me in a moment to discuss something. Now, I am all for being appreciated by the client, but this is boarding on abuse. They are so damn needy! Don't they realize what time it is on the East Coast?

So now when I finally get out of the office, I am going to meet my friends at the bar, friends who have been drinking for the past 2 hours. I'm going to start playing catch up.

Two shots to catch up.
3-4 beers to take the edge off
1-2 celebratory martinis, cause I finally made it out of the office

Next thing you know... It is morning and I have a hangover. Do you think AA is a business expense??

7 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger pookalu said...

hmmm, i think you should just go for rehab in a detox spa. maybe you can expense that?

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger K said...

AA most definitely should be called a business expense. Particularly for those of us below 14th street, where everyone else seems not to have a regular job, but instead traipses about in leggings and punked out hair, lazing away their days by sipping espresso and reading obscure philosophists. Sigh, okay, so I'm incredibly jealous...

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

Good one, though i doubt they'd let it slide....well then again..only one way to find out.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger jo said...

i'm joining the bandwagon that says bring your client to the bar haha! everyone knows that you do better business when you're tipsy. and nothing like a lil drunkeness to promote a good business partner relationship.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Downtown said...

I have always said I'm at my best after two beers. Relaxed and funny... In top form. Around drink 4 is starts going downhill.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Dustin said...

lightweight

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Adelaide Collective said...

I think insurance should cover work-related abuse cases. From your psychologist down to AA. NO????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home