Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Monday, May 29

London - The final 24 hours

London is turning me into an early riser... was up at 9:30am, following a night of nearly of vodka tonics that would keep me in my NYC bed well past noon. However, with less than 24-hours of vacation remaining, sleeping in is a luxury I can't afford.

Yesterday was a monumental day for London must-dos:
- Must try fish & chips -- Check
- Must visit Westminster Abbey -- Check
- Must go shopping at Top Shop -- Check
- Must kiss local -- Check

I met my London kiss at a Kensington bar. Tom was tall and trim - as are most London boys. We made eye contact across our groups of friends. This wasn't American-eye contact (glance, look away, glance back), he was down right staring. His constant gaze had begun to make me uncomfortable, so I moved out of his line of vision. Only then did he lean over my group of girlfriends, extend his hand and whisk me into a private side conversation. Very nicely played...

A couple cocktails later, kissing the boy in the crowded bar was a natural idea. I learned this morning, there is photographic evidence of the encounter. (Ladies -- I am not looking forward to the whole world seeing that pic, can we keep it off the SnapFish photo album that is going to be shared with everyone. Please?)

Today's must-dos: Buckingham Palace, Notting Hill, afternoon tea, Harrod's.

I'm off....


6 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

Look at you!
Notting Hill is amazing..enjoy.
While you were there I hope you checked out Abbey Road.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger pookalu said...

oh, i so want to see that picture now.

you all made the most of your trip! woohoo!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

Ahhhh! So awesome! Good job, I'm proud.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger James said...

Lucky you; lucky local! But may I ask why Top Shop is so high on your list of London attractions? It's hardly Hyde Park or the National Gallery...

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Buffy said...

Love it!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

thats bullshit i say
ill show you mine if you show me yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home