Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Monday, June 4

Diane von Furstenberg - Inspiration

Last week, as Blondie and I walked by the new Diane von Furstenberg store in the Meatpacking, we realized she was hosting her store opening party. Not wanting to miss an opportunity for free champagne, we walked in as if we had been invited.

As I stood next to women who designed the wrap dress, I was momentarily horrified to realize I was wearing a cheap, imposter H&M wrap dress. At that moment, I came to the realization that I must use the career-high
“earnings” and my birthday as an excuse to spend WAY too much money on a fabulous party dress.

So I spent Sunday afternoon shopping with Elle and
Blondie for the perfect party dress. Instead of one - I ended up with 3 and a $700 charge on my credit card.

I have every intent of trying the dresses at home and making a final decision on which dress is most appropriate for my "I'm not 30 yet" birthday party... It will either be: a very bold Vivienne Tam mini, or very sexy black, shift dress mini from ABS.


Either way, I'm glad my friends will be paying for my cocktails this weekend.

Oh, yeah and I'm breaking my own rules. The Producer has been badgering me these past few months to meet for drinks. I have him tentatively slated for a pre-birthday dinner cocktail on Saturday. I consider this good timing. There is a certain start and end time, plus there is nothing quite like looking fabulous when you encounter your ex...

5 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger James said...

Now, you know, you simply have to describe those dresses...

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger *krystyn* said...

Well, enjoy the dresses, your birthday and the drinks!!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger paintandink said...

Bravo to you for the party-crashing. That's a fabulous story...

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Chelsea Talks Smack said...

OO DVF makes my heart feel better.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Plentymorefishoutofwater said...

Haha, like it. Nice blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home