Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Monday, January 29

Life Outside New York

Yes, I do leave New York. Once the snow starts falling and the temperature drops, I get the itch. If all works out, over the next few months, I’ll be jet setting to two incredibly fantastic music festivals:

First up South by Southwest
Last night a good friend mentioned that his band just booked a number of shows at the Austin, TX music/film festival. Since I haven’t managed to catch one of his shows in either Hoboken or Williamsburg, I figure booking a plane ticket is the best way to make sure I actually attend the show.
The inspiration for this trip hit last night, so I still need to have a travel buddy for the trip. My guy friend will be busy - you know - being a rockstar and doesn't need to entertain me the whole time. However, I am determined.

Next
Jazz Fest
After college, my girlfriends and I religiously attended Jazz Fest. Then they started getting married and the annual pilgrimage stopped. This year, with all the wedding festivities behind us, the trip is back on...

The New Orleans Jazz Fest is unlike any outdoor music festival. If you haven't been it is hard to explain. Yeah, the musical line-ups of Bonnaroo or Coachella are seemingly more my speed... But Jazz Fest is no ordinary music festival. The people, the music, the ambiance, the food, its (dare I say) a nearly religious experience. You can't explain it, but everyone on the fairgrounds knows it. When you are there you are part of something big. It is not uncommon to hear people talk of it being their 10th or 15th Jazz Fest.

Note to my college girls -- I've put it on the dossier.

3 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Well Heeled Blog said...

There's a 20% off coupon for shoebuy.com (VDAY07, expires 2/25), and I thought you might be interested, considering our shared love for shoes. ;)

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Madame Pinot said...

jazz fest is one of my fondest memories of college. good times!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Downtown said...

Woo hoo, Wanda! Shoe sale! Even thoughts, I just purchased three pairs last weekend:

- 1 aldo royal blue suede stilleto
- 1 dolce vita kitten white suede
- 1 dolce vita brown leather stilleto

but I still have room in my closet for more...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home