Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Thursday, September 14

I'm getting a raise...

… well at least CNN.com thinks I’ve earned it.

According to
a study from The Journal of Labor Research, those who drink in a social setting earned more than those who tipped a glass at home.

Female drinkers earned 14% more. Men drinkers earned 10% more and they can tack on another 7% by going to a bar at least once a month…. (This, sadly, was not true for women.)

How you ask does drinking do this for you?? Well, it increases your social capital. You have more connections, you relate better to people and you have greater charisma.

It seems I’m on my way to making six figures. I'll raise a glass to that. Cheers!

3 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I love that my company has in-office happy hours...in fact, I'm off to a conference room in 30 mins for my first Thursday afternoon cocktail...

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger jo said...

in that case i should drink more haha!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

And my mother told me the only place I was headed is Betty Ford....HA!

Good to know that us drinkers will be able to afford our expensive wine habbit :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home