Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Thursday, May 18

How not to pack

The Scene (Friday Night)

Thrilled to be out of the office during daylight hours, I met friends at a corner bar for post-work drinks. Corona after Corona after Corona on an empty stomach resulted in me putting on a quick buzz. Slightly tipped, we grab dinner at the bar and have more beers.

Post-dinner, we venture uptown for a roof-top party. At the house party when I play beer wench, I am rewarded with a shot of tequila from the kitchen crew. Now in full-on party mode, I return to the rooftop where I proceed to start a conversation with
Date Night Boy that probably is best had sober. (That my friend’s is a story for another time.)

As the house party becomes rambunctious, we return downtown to meet up with our friend’s girlfriend. Next thing I know, I’m at the
Maritime Hotel where someone tosses down their credit card for everyones' drinks. A couple vodka tonics with lime juice, leads into tequila shots, leads into dancing, leads into yet another round of shots.

Then it hits me… I have an 8am bus to catch for a family get-together in Boston. Checking the clock (3:30am) I realize that I’ll never remember to pack or get up without someone to remind me. Enter
Date Night Boy. I invite him back to my house with clear instructions that I am to pack before we go to bed. AND he is responsible for making sure I don't sleep through my alarm.

This is a terrible plan mind you, I know that now.

The Scene (Saturday Morning)

8:30am, I wake up to my phone ringing where my sister bawls me out for missing the bus. I jump out of bed and grab the suitcase that I had packed the night before. Catch the 9am bus, I figure all is fine.


The Scene (Saturday Afternoon)

I meet my family and they all rag on me: “We didn’t really expect you to make the 8am bus.” As we start to get ready for the Boston Red Sox evening game, I go to my room to change out of my
shorts and into my jeans. I open my bag to find the following contents:

- 9 Shirts (4 Tank Tops, 3 Long Sleeved Shirts, 2 Sweaters)
- 3 Bras
- Make-up Bag

What’s missing from my bag: underwear, toothbrush, and jeans.


You can only image the scene when I told the fam that we need to make a small shopping excursion before the game because I didn't pack any jeans. Oh yeah, I don't think I'll hear the end of it.

6 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger pookalu said...

i get the sense that the alcohol from that night really cleared your mind...

(and who in their right mind would WANT to take an 8:30 bus????)

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Downtown said...

Pookalu, My sister LOVES the early riser buses. She doesn't drink, its married and an early riser. *(We may be related but we are complete opposites).

Grace, Skinny jeans are not my thing... At 5'3, there just isn't enough leg lenght to pull those babies off. (Even with my 3 inch heels)

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

sounds like a reliable dude

next

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Adelaide Collective said...

Why doesn't this story surprise me? Hmmm...

Nice work!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger pookalu said...

yesterday i took my mother and father to the 9:00 bus. i hated that. still. i get up at about 6:00 every morning (it's pathological), and i don't drink, but never in my right mind would i consider taking the early bus.

and you're a good sister for even trying to make that bus.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger jo said...

and that's why you should always schedule a trip in the mid week, where you know that you probably won't be drinking the night before. i'm leaving for a trip on wednesday. i'm hoping to pack on tuesday haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home