Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Thursday, March 23

OK, here's the situation...

OK, here's the situation
My parents went away on a week's vacation and

They left the keys to the brand new Porsche
Would they mind?
Umm, well, of course not
I'll just take it for a little spin
And maybe show it off to a couple of friends
I'll just cruise it around the neighborhood
Well, maybe I shouldn't
Yeah, of course I should ....
(Complete lyrics here...)

Yesterday I started a meeting with "Ok, here's the situation..., " flashing back to my youth I rattled off a couple lines of the DJ Jazzy Jeff/Will Smith classic. The young PR pleebs in my office stared blankly at me. Eventually, one commented that she loved "that show." I found myself explaining that before The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, that song that inspired the sitcom. Again, blank stares...

How old am I?
Am I really that old?

On the same note, the Challenger exploded 20 years ago! 20! Remember watching that on television? Then yes, you too are old like me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home