Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Tuesday, April 18

Mototoriium on Weddings

As of today, April 18, 2006 Downtown Chic is no longer available to appear in bridal parties as either Maid of Honor or Bridesmaid.

Have you ever tried to get seven people from across the U.S. to agree on a travel destination? Locations which didn’t pass the illustrious sounding board:


Las Vegas, Lake Havasu, Miami/South Beach, New Orleans, Ft. Lauderdale, Vancouver, Montréal, San Diego / Long Beach, Boston, NYC, Los Angeles
Newport, San Francisco


A year’s worth of my three-day holiday weekends have been consumed by “planning-get-togethers”

I’m tired of mediating between you and your mother.


Taffeta dresses do not look good, regardless of whether or not Vera Wang is selling it.

Is it a rule that all brides insist upon dresses that do not compliment her bridal parties body type? (See real-life horrors here: http://www.uglydress.com/)

Why do I allow myself to feel guilty everytime you go on, and on, and on about about how much your wedding is costing you... you’ve overspent…, your gown’s alterations…, printing invitations…, the wedding cake…, the fourteen day honeymoon… Then feeling guilty, I pick up the check for lunch, brunch, drinks or dinner. This is
expensive guilt.

I’m tired of talking about colors. Is anyone going to remember if the bridal shower colors, match the ceremony colors?
Really?

If you mention one more time how glad you are that I'm single, so I’ll have more time at the wedding to “attend to my duties” without the distraction of a date, I just might scream.

5 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

Oh my gosh I would scream! Weddings can get so over the top, it's insane.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger pookalu said...

god, i so agree. the last time i was a bridesmaid, my best friend called months in advance to ask if i wouldn't bring a date, since i was the only single one. argh. thanks for rubbing it in my face.

at least it guaranteed that i didn't have to scrounge one up or ask a friend!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Downtown said...

When I show up single, she's practically begging for me to hook up with her older brother (who is also single).

She'd be better off letting me bring a date cause she's always cokc-blocked this in the past. (Not on her wedding night she can't.)

The flirtation is definitely there, just add alcohol and a wedding reception.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger pookalu said...

wow, a friend as a cock tease and a cock block. that's a good one!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger James said...

You need to make friends with people who are either too sensible or too unattractive to get married ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home