Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Wednesday, March 29

Let the sunshine in...

One of the gripes I have about living in the concrete canyon that is Manhattan is the lack of direct sunlight. There are entire sections of the city (Midtown & the Financial District) where sunshine never hits the streets. In some instances, these areas have gone as far as installing mirrors atop buildings to reflect sunshine into the dark corners.

(Bear caution for “Architectural view” when looking at apartments. That translates to – sunless-apartment with views of building across the street.)

Spending time outside without once standing in the sun is unnatural! I find even brief moments of sunshine can dramatically increase my mood. My new job & daily commute has increased the amount of sunshine in my life exponentially. Aside from a short subway ride, I’m in the sun from the moment I wake up to the moment the sun sets. All this sun is making me feel like I’m in a percolator of happiness…

5 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Adelaide Collective said...

Ahhhh...sweet, sweet sun. I love it! I clearly think it's spring today; or at least my outfit does.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger K said...

Unbelievable--I'd thought this about the sun not hitting the streets, but never knew it to be fully true.

Time for a warm vacation in the open air.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

Hehe...then again, it's not like you're a grumpy person by nature.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger pookalu said...

i've been taking way too many breaks to be out in the sun today, since i'm a scientist who is tied to my bench all the time.

by the way, downtown, the links to your snob posts are defunct, you know that, right?

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger miss goLondon said...

that is one area where London exels. Not many skyscrapers, we are a sprawling city with tons of green. yesterday, a friend and i went for a walk to celebrate our friend the sun's brief appearance, and passed two parks! and i work in the financial district!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home