Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Thursday, March 30

The Definition of Junk Mail: RNC Membership Card

I tolerate junk mail. However yesterday, it crossed the line when I received my membership card for the Republican National Committee. As a registered Democrat and staunch Liberal, I felt faint… At first I thought it was a joke, and then I read the accompanying letter.

“Thank you for your donation to the Republican National Committee and showing support for the ongoing Bush agenda.”

Had I unknowingly crossed over to the darkside? Had one of my 2005 charitable contributions aligned me with conservatives? I quickly ran a mental check:

-National Public Radio
-Sierra Club
-Moveon.org
-Planned Parenthood

I don’t see how it possible. Those are charities that stand for everything Bush doesn’t: free speech, protecting the environment, Democrats and right-to-choose. I haven’t the slightest idea how I’ve entered their mailing pool, but I can only hope it is a fluke. I have a reputation to uphold and if people start confusing me for a Republican… Shudder!

4 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

are all republicans bad? if so, i guess i should just call it quits. just b/c we voted for soemone who is crazy at times, doesn't mean we all are like that!!

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, that's soo funny... I'll probably faint if that came through in my mailbox.

'Support for the ongoing bush agenda' That line is scary as fuck... lol..

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Adelaide Collective said...

My God...do Republicans have no decency?

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger NotMiranda said...

I had someone sign up for an organization in my name once. Let's hope the same hasn't happened to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home