Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Sunday, March 26

Through the eyes of a bouncer

A regular patron of the bars in my neighborhood, I've developed unique relationships with a couple of the bouncers. More than once, knowing the bouncers has snagged me entrance to a packed bar, or the bar after hours.

Friday night, following Thursday's Blogger Happy Hour (which turned into 2AM drink-fest), two of my bouncer friends went out of their way to comment upon our festivities.

Bouncer #1: My unoffical doorman
Always standing outside the restaurant beneath my place, this bouncer knows more about my life than my roommates. He knows what time I get home from work, my unhealthy reliance on cabs, how often I go the gym, my dating regularity, and how few get an invite upstairs. He can always be relied upon to give me a hard time after a night out. Following Thursday's debacule, he made a point of commenting on the group's "state-of-mind" as we bar hopped from the Magician to the Back Room. Avenue Elle, Dolly, Polly, Nice Guys, Monkey, Betsy, Josh and all... I was not the only one talking with an "alcoholic megaphone". We were all called out for being rocked and rowdy.

Bouncer #2: Guardian of "the door" at the BackRoom
Surprised to see me for a second night running, he asked if any of my girls got lucky with the Boston Bruins. (Yes, ladies that really was the full squadron of the Boston Bruins.) He was very surprised to hear that the ladies might have all struck out with the Boston sport guys, from where he was sitting, it all looked promising. Is there something someone wants to confess??

Gotta love the bouncers point-of-view on our night out. So glad someone was there to remind us of the insanity that was our first NYC Blogger Happy Hour.

Now if only someone could find my misplaced orange scarf...

8 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger rina said...

Those Bruins were boring. Then again, I couldn't remember anything. Sweet. Anyways it was fun meeting you, let's engage in badness and debauchery soon!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger pookalu said...

unfortch, i have neither a bouncer close to my neighborhood nor a doorman. now i'm feeling much unsafeness! i love the idea of burly guardian angels...

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

Oh can you imagine ALL the funny shit that bouncers must see?

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Bama Girl said...

I lost my gray scarf, lame. No way, those Bruins were so humourless and completely dull. Although I managed to speak to Hal Gill, a married Bruin, then promptly left.

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a resident of the Lower East Side I truly enjoyed your work. Thank you. You should check my blog out. You will love it. www.juddandjasonspeakout.com

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Dolly said...

"Alcoholic megaphone" is one of my new favorite phrases. I'm definitely going to use that one.

And yeah, those Bruins were losers (literally and... literally, since I heard the team wasn't doing too well). They were totally checking us all out, but the second we came over and said hello, they were colder than a frozen hockey puck! L-A-M-E!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

It can totally pay to know the bouncer at a bar!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger NotMiranda said...

Fun! However, I'm glad I don't have a doorman to keep track of my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home