Downtown-Chic

Life. Men. Alcohol. Shoes.

Thursday, March 23

Saved by a Friend

Yesterday my friend circulated this NY Daily News story about the "mummy maniac" serial killer. We all took this young woman's tragic death to be a firm reminder to be more careful, especially when drinking. When our minds are clouded and irrational, we still need to watch out for each other.

With that in mind, every random encounter with men is now peppered with thoughts of "Oh my goodness, are you a serial killer."

Last night in particular, I'm convinced I might have encountered the "mummy maniac". I was in the Meatpacking District, walking to meet a friend at Markt when I was approaced by a tall good looking guy. He was lost and asked if I knew where Bungalow 8 was. After I gave him directions, he complimented me and asked if I wanted to join him for a drink.

At this point, I noticed a cut over his eye. He caught me looking and told me that he had just hit his eye getting out of the cab and was concerned that it was serious. My suspicious radar when into over drive at this point, cause the cut didn't look new at all. It looked a day old at least...

Ehhh, psycho killer. No thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home